[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.47″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.47″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
Would you like to experience the Solar Eclipse in an awesome place? You want to have things to do before and after the totality and you’d like to bring your family and friends.
Kimmswick is the perfect place to view the Solar Eclipse!
Have some questons… hopefully we will answer them all right here
- Is there an admission charge? No, we also have free viewing areas that will be marked with signs.
- Where can we park? There will be street parking within the town but it will be limited…please remember to be considerate to our residents and do not block driveways etc. There is parking at the Windsor Elementary School in Kimmswick for a donation of $5.00.
- Where are other parking areas, once town gets filled? On both sides of Hwy K for a donation of $10.00 and at the Anheuser Estate on Windsor Harbor Road. On Montebello Road, property owners will rent out their property to vehicle parking.
- Any Handicapped Parking available? We are sorry but there is not any special handicapped parking available.
- What can I bring in? You can bring lawn chairs and blankets to sit on.
- Aren’t all the shops and restaurants usually closed on Mondays? Yes they USUALLY are but not on August 21st, Shops and Restaurants will be open at 9am….
- Do I need reservations if I want to eat at one of the restaurants No, although some restaurants are taking reservations.
- Will there be food/drink vendors? Yes, there will be funnel cakes, sno cones, hamburgers, hotdogs, chips and drinks available at 3 different areas.
- What if it’s cloudy, will you still have the event? Yes .rain or shine, cloudy or sunny, we will be here to welcome you and your family.,
- Will you have restrooms available? Yes, Public restrooms are available at the Visitor Center and all of the restaurants. Porta Potties will also be available throughout town.
- Can I buy my solar glasses when I get to Kimmswick that day? That’s a good question…we have a limited supply so we may or may not have some available for that day. We do also have t-shirts, key chains, ornaments, hand fans, posters, post cards, commemorating this event…These will be collector items someday!
- Where can I see a map of the area? You can download the free app Palaroo and click on Solar Eclipse Experience Kimmswick and see where everything will be located.
- Will there be any entertainment? Yes, several area shops/restaurant’s will have artists, music etc. There will be a DJ playing celestial tunes throughout the day. JC Corcoran radio personality from KBDZ 93.1 will be here doing a live broadcast. We will have Trivia Contests for small prizes. Science Teacher John Darmody from Windsor District will speak a bit about what to expect before, during and after the eclipse.
- What will there for kids to do? In the City Park we will have an area named MOON ROCKS…..the kids will be painting rocks…..it’s the latest craze! The kids can hide them or take them home….We also will be having a MOON ROCK Hunt in the park area.
- What is Kimmswick doing differently than every other town? Kimmswick is a very historic town so; you will be witnessing history with us! You can document that you were here in our commemorative book. This beautiful book will forever be on display at our wonderful Kimmswick Historical Society Museum. There will be 3 balloon releases throughout the day. Purchase a balloon for $2.00; remember the number on the balloon and the person who finds your balloon will hopefully post when and where it was located on our fb page.
- Will there be any special photo opportunities for this Historic Event? Yes, many of the shops and businesses have created “Celestial Photo Ops” where you and your friends can capture unique photo memories for the day. A list will be available at the Visitor Center as well as the stage area. #kimmswicksolareclipse and #kimmswick to share your memories.
- Will the merchants be doing anything special throughout the day? Yes, Shops and Restaurants will have exclusive “moonlight” specials available all day long. Guests can participate in a SEEK and FIND Game, guests search for clues at each business. Submit your entry at the Stage, winners will be announced throughout the day. NOTE: businesses plan to close from 1:00pm to 1:30 pm so that we can all enjoy the wonder of the totality.
- I LOVE the Solar Eclipse art work from the Famous Ted Wright that is on your website and FB, can I purchase it? You can purchase a frame ready 8X10 copy of the artwork for $4.00. We will also be holding a raffle for the large signed framed copy. Chances are $1.00 per ticket or $5.00 for 6 chances. Winner does need to be present to win.
- Can I bring my pet? This is going to be a very confusing phenomenon for pets. They will not understand what is going on and may act differently than normal in crowds. It would be better for your experience and other’s enjoyment if you kept your furry friends at home.
- Can I take pictures of the eclipse while it is occurring? There are special instructions onwww.stleclipse.com on how to take pictures.
- Will there be shuttles if we’d like to park at the Imperial Windsor Campus? No, there will not be any shuttles, The School is charging for parking but you can also watch the eclipse from the football field. It is a short walk into town if you choose to visit us and other parking lots are filled.
- Is there a schedule of events anywhere for me to look at? Yes, there are several options, you can download the free Palaroo app on your phone and click on our event or you can go to these websites,www.cityofkimmswick.org, www.gokimmswick.com. We also have a FB page, Solar Eclipse Experience Kimmswick.
- What if I need to charge my phone or mobile device? We will have a charging station close to City Hall. Please bring your own charging cords.
- What if it’s hot, where do we go to cool off? The Rock Community Fire District will have their cooling station close by and also have a misting fan close to City Hall.
- Will there be ATM’s available? Yes, at the Visitors Center there is an ATM.